    server and separate app pools, but that's not an option, becasue of some
    legacy stuff I have to use at the moment... is there anything I can do to
    work around this?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZS5kb2xhbg==?=, Oct 11, 2006

  2. if there is no unmanaged code and the virdirs are seperate application
    (giving each is own domain) thn you should not have a problem.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 11, 2006

  3. I wouldn't have thought so either, but the fact is that I do... One of my
    singletons keeps a dictionary, and when I startup the test version, the
    dictionary on the production one throws duplicate key errors as soon as I hit
    the thing. It's really strange.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZS5kb2xhbg==?=, Oct 11, 2006
  4. haha well ook, I shouldn't maybe... but I do... I cleared the asp.net temp
    files out just in case, and neither assembly is int he gac, so I have no idea
    why this is happening. The only thing that I can think of is that it's win2k
    and they're all using the same processes?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZS5kb2xhbg==?=, Oct 11, 2006
  5. Well you're sort of right there Bruce, they don't interfere with one and
    other, but I figured it out, I had to go into the web.config and specify the
    fully qualified assemblyname of each of the referenced assemblies, including
    the version numbers, otherwise I was getting the luck of the draw,
    apparently. (which meant whichever version loaded first.)

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZS5kb2xhbg==?=, Oct 11, 2006