    and clears do not seem to work in IE.

    Thanks,

    Sam
    Sam Takoy, Aug 25, 2010

  2. Sam Takoy wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This question has been asked before many times, but I'm yet to find a
    > solution that works on Chrome/FF/IE.
    >
    > How does one display block objects, such as divs or tables, in
    > horizontal fashion? What's the robust solution? Combinations of floats
    > and clears do not seem to work in IE.

    What have you tried? In other words, if you which help provide a URL to
    what you have tried that "does not work" for you.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 25, 2010

  3. Sam Takoy

    Sam Takoy Guest

    On 8/25/2010 11:39 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Sam Takoy wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> This question has been asked before many times, but I'm yet to find a
    >> solution that works on Chrome/FF/IE.
    >>
    >> How does one display block objects, such as divs or tables, in
    >> horizontal fashion? What's the robust solution? Combinations of floats
    >> and clears do not seem to work in IE.

    > What have you tried? In other words, if you which help provide a URL to
    > what you have tried that "does not work" for you.

    Everything here:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images
    Sam Takoy, Aug 25, 2010
  4. Sam Takoy

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 25 Aug 2010, Sam Takoy <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > This question has been asked before many times, but I'm yet to find a
    > solution that works on Chrome/FF/IE.
    >
    > How does one display block objects, such as divs or tables, in
    > horizontal fashion? What's the robust solution? Combinations of
    > floats and clears do not seem to work in IE.

    I don't have any trouble. But then I don't support the obsolete ie6,
    either, and ie7 sometimes needs "conditionals". Anyway, you might wish
    to try the styling "display:inline-block;" and make hacks for older
    browsers as necessary.

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 25, 2010
  5. Sam Takoy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <i53b1i$aoc$-september.org>,
    Sam Takoy <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > This question has been asked before many times, but I'm yet to find a
    > solution that works on Chrome/FF/IE.
    >
    > How does one display block objects, such as divs or tables, in
    > horizontal fashion? What's the robust solution? Combinations of floats
    > and clears do not seem to work in IE.

    <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/page12.php>

    should be ok in IE? And if you read a few of the other pages, you
    might get to know some of the tricks and pitfalls of doing things
    with floats. It's fun, so roll up your sleeves. Here are some
    more still kicking about on servers, I *think* these worked even
    in IE6:

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/simpleTwoCol.html>

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/floatStopDrop.html>

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/sideBySide.html>

    This is a bit more obscure but some block elements see to be side
    by side:

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/dt_Inline.html>

    As for two tables side by side, same principles really as you see
    in the above. Just be careful with tables not to over confidently
    specify their widths because tables don't hear too good on such
    things. Here is a couple of pairs of tables, they are just
    sketchy but should give you an idea:

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/sideBySideTables.html>

    Notice the ugly for IE eyes only (conditional commented) div in
    there (probably only needed for IE6 but I just left it for all IE
    to show a proper and healthy contempt). But if you leave it out,
    it will be good for most modern browsers.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 26, 2010