    Analyzing using small inputs.

    Can anyone give me start to it? PLEASE

    thanx in adv

    tang, Oct 21, 2008

  2. tang

    Aiken Guest

    Get all the basic elements you need in your speech recognition system
    Get to understand how to make a FIR filter, Multiplier, Adder,
    Pipeline...etc..

    Aiken, Oct 21, 2008

  3. tang

    Enes Erdin Guest

    I can talk about the way that I do things. For those kind of designs I
    use some mathematics tools like Matlab. I don't use built-in
    functions, rather I write them in my own in a VHDL style this helps me
    while debugging my VHDL code. Additionally try to divide your codes
    into small parts like FIR block, memory block, control block... this
    also helps you to debug the code easily.

    Good luck,

    --enes

    Enes Erdin, Oct 21, 2008
  4. tang

    Shannon Guest

    On Oct 20, 11:20 pm, Enes Erdin <> wrote:
    > I can talk about the way that I do things. For those kind of designs I
    > use some mathematics tools like Matlab. I don't use built-in
    > functions, rather I write them in my own in a VHDL style this helps me
    > while debugging my VHDL code. Additionally try to divide your codes
    > into small parts like FIR block, memory block, control block... this
    > also helps you to debug the code easily.
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > --enes

    I'll strongly agree with what has been said. Nothing has been more
    helpful (other than this group!) than breaking things into small
    bits. Write, test, re-write, etc until each piece is bullet-proof -
    garbage in and perfection out. This style also helps you when you are
    farther down the line and can grab from your own toolbox of modules.

    The other thing I would add is now is the time to develop good
    practices. Make sure you're using "proper" libraries. Take a look at
    your coding style and try to be consistant. For example, state
    machines, pick a one, two, or three process style and stick with it.
    Down the line you might change your mind but at least all your code up
    to that point will be consistant and easy to modify.

    Shannon

    Shannon, Oct 21, 2008
  5. tang

    tang Guest

    On Oct 21, 7:37 am, Shannon <> wrote:
    > On Oct 20, 11:20 pm, Enes Erdin <> wrote:
    >
    > > I can talk about the way that I do things. For those kind of designs I
    > > use some mathematics tools like Matlab. I don't use built-in
    > > functions, rather I write them in my own in a VHDL style this helps me
    > > while debugging my VHDL code. Additionally try to divide your codes
    > > into small parts like FIR block, memory block, control block... this
    > > also helps you to debug the code easily.

    > > Good luck,

    > > --enes

    > I'll strongly agree with what has been said. Nothing has been more
    > helpful (other than this group!) than breaking things into small
    > bits. Write, test, re-write, etc until each piece is bullet-proof -
    > garbage in and perfection out. This style also helps you when you are
    > farther down the line and can grab from your own toolbox of modules.
    >
    > The other thing I would add is now is the time to develop good
    > practices. Make sure you're using "proper" libraries. Take a look at
    > your coding style and try to be consistant. For example, state
    > machines, pick a one, two, or three process style and stick with it.
    > Down the line you might change your mind but at least all your code up
    > to that point will be consistant and easy to modify.
    >
    > Shannon

    Thanx guys...
    Can anyone direct me to some sample codes or tutorials or any good
    books to start with....
    I found a code on FIR filter...but i am still confused about what will
    the complete pieces and how will i connect them...
    My very first confusion is how can i let my FPGA read and store the
    incoming voice data?...

    tang, Oct 22, 2008
  6. tang

    Enes Erdin Guest

    > I found a code on FIR filter...but i am still confused about what will
    > the complete pieces and how will i connect them...
    > My very first confusion is how can i let my FPGA read and store the
    > incoming voice data?...

    Start by simulating the code you have found. Do you know how your
    system will be? What will supply data to your system? How large are
    the packets? I think you will need external RAMs for this purpose. How
    new you are I don't know but, perhaps you can try to simulate some RAM
    operation, write some data to them and read by the help of a state
    machine.

    --enes

    Enes Erdin, Oct 22, 2008
  7. tang

    tang Guest

    On Oct 22, 10:10 am, Enes Erdin <> wrote:
    > > I found a code on FIR filter...but i am still confused about what will
    > > the complete pieces and how will i connect them...
    > > My very first confusion is how can i let my FPGA read and store the
    > > incoming voice data?...

    > Start by simulating the code you have found. Do you know how your
    > system will be? What will supply data to your system? How large are
    > the packets? I think you will need external RAMs for this purpose. How
    > new you are I don't know but, perhaps you can try to simulate some RAM
    > operation, write some data to them and read by the help of a state
    > machine.
    >
    > --enes

    For out initial design we will use the
    - DSP micro controller to process the incoming analog siganl. It will
    filter and sample the signal to digital.
    - Then the software stored in the uC will frame and window the
    digitized the signal.
    - This will then be passed on to the FPGA which will start comparing
    the words using HMM.

    That is how i have designed the system so far.
    As enes said i can store the processed digitized signal to the RAM ans
    then use FSM to read in FPGA. But for initial simulation how can i
    simulate the RAM. And most important do i still need the FIR filter
    for my design or i can proceed with the comparison directly?

    thanx

    tang, Oct 23, 2008
  8. tang

    emren

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Merhaba,

    Forumlarda dolasirken isminizi gordum ve mail adresinizin bu oldugunu dusunup mail atmaya karar verdim. Size bisey sormak istiyorum.

    Bogazici Universitesi Elektrik-Elektronik Muhendisligi son sinif ogrencisiyim ve bitirme projesi olarak "speech recognition using FPGA technology" isimli konuyu almis bulundum ama su anda hicbir asama kaydedemis durumdayim. Acaba bana yardimci olabilirmisiniz ?

    emren, Apr 8, 2009
  9. tang

    ratrace

    Joined:
    May 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    emren selam

    Kullanıcı adından cıkaramadım ama kesin tanışıoz en azından görmüşlük bazında :) yüksek lisantayım ben de bounda elektronikte.. şenol hocanın 540 dersinin dönem projesi için aldık aynı konuyu senin tezinle, sen kayıtlı mısın o derse? murat_pak at yahoo.com mail atarsın buna, görüşürüz bi ara istersen. biz de daha başlamadık da en azından fikir alışverişimiz olur.

    ratrace, May 1, 2009