Signing an ASP.NET assembly

Jonas Blunck

Hi all,

I'd like to sign an ASP.NET assembly with our private/public key pair
when I build it in VS (not by using al from the commandline). I've added
the AssemblyKeyFile attribute in AssemblyInfo.cs, just like you normaly
do with other project types.

When I compile, for some reason, the compiler attempts to load the snk
file relative to

C:\Documents and
Settings\...\VSWebCache\<machine>\<project-name>\obj\Debug\....dll'

However, the project is located at D:\VSS\...\...\...\.

The documentation in AssemblyInfo.cs confirms it:

// For web projects, the project output directory is defined as
// %HOMEPATH%\VSWebCache\<Machine Name>\<Project
Directory>\obj\<Configuration>.

How have you guys done it? I certainly don't want to copy the snk file
to my profile (and on the build-machine, etc).

The application uses other assemblies that uses CAS to verify that the
creator is our own code (by using the StrongNameIdentityPermission
permission), so I need to sign my ASP.NET assembly.

Thanks,
Jonas