Simple AJAX Question

Guest

I have a form that has a ModalPopupExtender on it. I have un updatepanel on
a panel control that is displayed when an Button (outside of the update
panel) is clicked. What I am trying to do is fire the updatepanel with a
command like "show_first" so that I can display appropriate informaiton in
the updatepanel when the Button is clicked. I need to access the Button's
click event Server Side so i can show the appropriate information.

I have added the Button.Click as a trigger in the updatepanel but I cannot
program the Button.Click event Server Side as it is not located in the update
panel. Any ideas?

densial

I have a form that has a ModalPopupExtender on it. I have un updatepanel on
a panel control that is displayed when an Button (outside of the update
panel) is clicked. What I am trying to do is fire the updatepanel with a
command like "show_first" so that I can display appropriate informaiton in
the updatepanel when the Button is clicked. I need to access the Button's
click event Server Side so i can show the appropriate information.

I have added the Button.Click as a trigger in the updatepanel but I cannot
program the Button.Click event Server Side as it is not located in the update
panel. Any ideas?

can you put it inside it's own updatepanel and refer to the other
updatepanel by id?

Guest

Ok - I tried that and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled by user code
Message="An extender can't be in a different UpdatePanel than the control
it extends."
Source="System.Web.Extensions"
StackTrace:
at System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.RegisterWithScriptManager()
at System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
at AjaxControlToolkit.ExtenderControlBase.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\AJAX
Toolkit\AjaxControlToolkit\ExtenderBase\ExtenderControlBase.cs:line 345
at AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopupExtender.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\AJAX
Toolkit\AjaxControlToolkit\ModalPopup\ModalPopupExtender.cs:line 203
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()