    I have added the Button.Click as a trigger in the updatepanel but I cannot
    program the Button.Click event Server Side as it is not located in the update
    panel. Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=, Sep 20, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=

    densial Guest

    On Sep 20, 1:44 pm, Ryan Smith <>
    wrote:
    > I have a form that has a ModalPopupExtender on it. I have un updatepanel on
    > a panel control that is displayed when an Button (outside of the update
    > panel) is clicked. What I am trying to do is fire the updatepanel with a
    > command like "show_first" so that I can display appropriate informaiton in
    > the updatepanel when the Button is clicked. I need to access the Button's
    > click event Server Side so i can show the appropriate information.
    >
    > I have added the Button.Click as a trigger in the updatepanel but I cannot
    > program the Button.Click event Server Side as it is not located in the update
    > panel. Any ideas?

    can you put it inside it's own updatepanel and refer to the other
    updatepanel by id?

    densial, Sep 20, 2007

  3. I am retarded ;-)

    =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=, Sep 20, 2007
  4. Ok - I tried that and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

    System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled by user code
    Message="An extender can't be in a different UpdatePanel than the control
    it extends."
    Source="System.Web.Extensions"
    StackTrace:
    at System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.RegisterWithScriptManager()
    at System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    at AjaxControlToolkit.ExtenderControlBase.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\AJAX
    Toolkit\AjaxControlToolkit\ExtenderBase\ExtenderControlBase.cs:line 345
    at AjaxControlToolkit.ModalPopupExtender.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\AJAX
    Toolkit\AjaxControlToolkit\ModalPopup\ModalPopupExtender.cs:line 203
    at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

    =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBTbWl0aA==?=, Sep 20, 2007