simple node name question

Discussion in 'XML' started by eggie5, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. eggie5

    eggie5 Guest

    How can I escape the illegal node (3g2 & 3gp names below to make the
    valid?

    <video>
    <3g2 type="boolean">true</3g2>
    <3gp type="boolean">false</3gp>
    <aac type="boolean">false</aac>
    <amr type="boolean">false</amr>
    <g264 type="boolean">false</g264>

    <h263 type="boolean">false</h263>
    <id type="integer">1</id>
    <max-file type="integer">200000</max-file>
    <max-time type="integer">0</max-time>
    <mp3g4 type="boolean">true</mp3g4>
    <mp4 type="boolean">false</mp4>

    <qclep type="boolean">true</qclep>
    <x type="integer">128</x>
    </video>

    eggie5, Sep 21, 2007

  2. * eggie5 wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >How can I escape the illegal node (3g2 & 3gp names below to make the
    >valid?

    There is no escaping mechanism, you have to rename the elements (e.g.,
    use threeG2, _3g2, x3g2, ...)

    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Sep 21, 2007

  3. eggie5 wrote:
    > How can I escape the illegal node (3g2 & 3gp names below to make the
    > valid?

    You can't. XML names have a very specific form. There should be no
    reason your names _have_ to start with a number. Fix them.

    Joseph Kesselman, Sep 21, 2007