simple node name question

eggie5

How can I escape the illegal node (3g2 & 3gp names below to make the
valid?

<video>
<3g2 type="boolean">true</3g2>
<3gp type="boolean">false</3gp>
<aac type="boolean">false</aac>
<amr type="boolean">false</amr>
<g264 type="boolean">false</g264>

<h263 type="boolean">false</h263>
<id type="integer">1</id>
<max-file type="integer">200000</max-file>
<max-time type="integer">0</max-time>
<mp3g4 type="boolean">true</mp3g4>
<mp4 type="boolean">false</mp4>

<qclep type="boolean">true</qclep>
<x type="integer">128</x>
</video>

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* eggie5 wrote in comp.text.xml:
How can I escape the illegal node (3g2 & 3gp names below to make the
valid?

There is no escaping mechanism, you have to rename the elements (e.g.,
use threeG2, _3g2, x3g2, ...)

Joseph Kesselman

eggie5 said:
How can I escape the illegal node (3g2 & 3gp names below to make the
valid?

You can't. XML names have a very specific form. There should be no
reason your names _have_ to start with a number. Fix them.