    top 20 pages are related in any way. I seem to remember a perl/tk hack to do this but don't know where.

    Thanks in advance!

    Rob

    Rob Petty, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Rob Petty <> wrote:
    > I am using a Linux box as a fill-in for a Sun Cluster "cluster console" machine. The only thing I am missing is the ability to
    > open three windows:
    > 1 is a small window like a Perl/Tk with a simple text input box.
    > 2 are normal xterm windows
    >
    > Each xterm window can have direct text input individually, but the
    > kicker is that typing in the smaller window with just the text box
    > sends the text to both xterm windows at the same time. (One entry
    > for configuration info and any other valid CLI command, two outputs)

    At a guess (and I really can't be arsed to experiment right now ) you might
    be able to use X11::protocol to send the appropriate X events to the xterm
    windows however you may need information about those windows that might not
    be available easily to the Perl program. I'd start by looking in the X
    documentation.

    /J\
    --
    Jonathan Stowe |
    <http://www.gellyfish.com> | This space for rent

    Jonathan Stowe, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Rob Petty

    Rob Petty Guest

    "Jonathan Stowe" <> wrote in message news:fEU%a.12$...
    > Rob Petty <> wrote:
    > > I am using a Linux box as a fill-in for a Sun Cluster "cluster console" machine. The only thing I am missing is the ability

    > > open three windows:
    > > 1 is a small window like a Perl/Tk with a simple text input box.
    > > 2 are normal xterm windows
    > >
    > > Each xterm window can have direct text input individually, but the
    > > kicker is that typing in the smaller window with just the text box
    > > sends the text to both xterm windows at the same time. (One entry
    > > for configuration info and any other valid CLI command, two outputs)
    > >

    > At a guess (and I really can't be arsed to experiment right now ) you might
    > be able to use X11::protocol to send the appropriate X events to the xterm
    > windows however you may need information about those windows that might not
    > be available easily to the Perl program. I'd start by looking in the X
    > documentation.

    Thanks for the reply. I'll start looking into it.

    Rob Petty, Aug 19, 2003