    Are there tools to generate an overview?

    Regards,

    Thomas
    Cookie, May 21, 2006

  2. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Cookie" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My site is growing very quickly and i'm beginning to lose the overview
    > what htm is linked to what page and vice versa.
    >
    > Are there tools to generate an overview?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Thomas

    A funny thing for a cookie monster to want - to preserve and look
    instead of devouring and crushing? There are tools for site
    management (like in Dreamweaver I believe) that give various
    overviews but stop and consider how you might better do it
    without special software (so that if you really need such
    software, you will be better able to use and appreciate it at
    least).

    If you organise your site well as it grows, you will have a nice
    hierarchical system of files and folders. This set is plainly
    visible in most OSs, (special mention is deserved here for the
    brilliant column view in Mac OS X). A good understanding of this
    general pattern might be sufficient for your needs. Personally I
    would find it most confusing to try to picture a map of all the
    actual links. It would be useless spaghetti (no offense intended
    Luigi...).

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 22, 2006

  3. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article
    > <>,
    > "Cookie" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > My site is growing very quickly and i'm beginning to lose the overview
    > > what htm is linked to what page and vice versa.
    > >
    > > Are there tools to generate an overview?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Thomas

    > A funny thing for a cookie monster to want - to preserve and look
    > instead of devouring and crushing? There are tools for site
    > management (like in Dreamweaver I believe) that give various
    > overviews but stop and consider how you might better do it
    > without special software (so that if you really need such
    > software, you will be better able to use and appreciate it at
    > least).
    >
    > If you organise your site well as it grows, you will have a nice
    > hierarchical system of files and folders. This set is plainly
    > visible in most OSs, (special mention is deserved here for the
    > brilliant column view in Mac OS X). A good understanding of this
    > general pattern might be sufficient for your needs. Personally I
    > would find it most confusing to try to picture a map of all the
    > actual links. It would be useless spaghetti (no offense intended
    > Luigi...).

    Offense for what?
    By the way, are you an Aborigin?
    Do you know any Maori?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    你讲什么语 ?
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 22, 2006
  4. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Q67cg.1240$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > > Personally I
    > > would find it most confusing to try to picture a map of all the
    > > actual links. It would be useless spaghetti (no offense intended
    > > Luigi...).

    > Offense for what?

    For linking the idea of spaghetti with the idea of useless...

    > By the way, are you an Aborigin?
    > Do you know any Maori?

    By the way eh? have I ever told you about the Basic program,
    Eliza?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 22, 2006
  5. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <Q67cg.1240$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > > Personally I
    > > > would find it most confusing to try to picture a map of all the
    > > > actual links. It would be useless spaghetti (no offense intended
    > > > Luigi...).

    > > Offense for what?

    > For linking the idea of spaghetti with the idea of useless...

    Well, spaghetti producers might be offended...but I am going to eat
    spaghetti whenever I want...
    no matter whether you consider spaghetti useless or not...
    although I also eat sallad and fruit and so on..

    > > By the way, are you an Aborigin?
    > > Do you know any Maori?

    > By the way eh? have I ever told you about the Basic program,
    > Eliza?

    Perhaps.
    But it must have not impressed me too much...
    It was more interesting to read that you live in Sydney.
    Is there still much rivality between Sydney and Melbourne?
    Do you have many friends whose name is Heather?
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    你讲什么语 ?
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 22, 2006
  6. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article <9l7cg.1242$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > > > Offense for what?

    > > For linking the idea of spaghetti with the idea of useless...

    > Well, spaghetti producers might be offended...but I am going to eat
    > spaghetti whenever I want...
    > no matter whether you consider spaghetti useless or not...

    I don't consider spaghetti useless nor ever did. I am a great fan
    of spaghetti. Please don't go around saying dorayme takes a dim
    view of spaghetti. It like this, Luigi:

    Brigette Bardot was a big film sex symbol but if a feller was
    stepping in the ring to go 15 rounds with Mohammed Ali, he would
    not be advised to look or walk or talk like her. To so advise is
    not to say anything bad about her, it is to say that it would be
    inappropriate for a boxer to look like her.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 22, 2006
  7. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <9l7cg.1242$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > I don't consider spaghetti useless nor ever did. I am a great fan
    > of spaghetti. Please don't go around saying dorayme takes a dim
    > view of spaghetti. It like this, Luigi:

    It was you who was wondering whether I was offended and I am confident that
    you did not want to use an offensive Australian slang....
    > Brigette Bardot

    You probably meant Brigitte Bardot, didn´t you?

    >was a big film sex symbol

    Not only a big film sex symbol, she was much more

    but if a feller was
    > stepping in the ring to go 15 rounds with Mohammed Ali, he would
    > not be advised to look or walk or talk like her. To so advise is
    > not to say anything bad about her, it is to say that it would be
    > inappropriate for a boxer to look like her.

    So what?
    Do you want to talk about spaghetti western?
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/europa/italien/markerna/ancona/numana/semesterbostader.php
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 22, 2006
  8. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article <FW8cg.1257$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > > Brigette Bardot

    > You probably meant Brigitte Bardot, didn´t you?

    Yes, you caught a spelling error of mine. Do you like catching
    things? Do you like fishing?

    > >was a big film sex symbol

    > Not only a big film sex symbol, she was much more
    >
    > but if a feller was
    > > stepping in the ring to go 15 rounds with Mohammed Ali, he would
    > > not be advised to look or walk or talk like her. To so advise is
    > > not to say anything bad about her, it is to say that it would be
    > > inappropriate for a boxer to look like her.

    > So what?

    So to associate two words to suggest a negative thing does not
    mean one attaches negative things absolutely to each separately.
    That is so what.

    > Do you want to talk about spaghetti western?

    Yes, I do. Very much so. How did you know? Best of these is Once
    Upon A Time In The West - Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, the
    Italian voluptuous beauty, Claudia Cardinale (have I spelt her
    name right?)

    Do you ever dress western? Are you sure you don't want to hear
    about Eliza again?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 22, 2006
  9. dorayme wrote:

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >> Do you want to talk about spaghetti western?

    > Yes, I do. Very much so. How did you know? Best of these is Once Upon
    > A Time In The West - Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, the Italian
    > voluptuous beauty, Claudia Cardinale (have I spelt her name right?)

    That is a _great_ movie! <g>

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 22, 2006
  10. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <6Dbcg.142044$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    > >> Do you want to talk about spaghetti western?

    > > Yes, I do. Very much so. How did you know? Best of these is Once Upon
    > > A Time In The West - Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, the Italian
    > > voluptuous beauty, Claudia Cardinale (have I spelt her name right?)

    > That is a _great_ movie! <g>

    Perhaps the greatest beginning of any Western ever, the gunmen
    waiting at the train station, the train coming and going, the
    gunmen and the haunting mouth organ (which had a meaning that
    appeared right at the end). I can hear it now... let me get it
    for you so you too can hear it... hang on a mo...

    Try http://tinyurl.com/gcyx9

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 22, 2006
  11. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <FW8cg.1257$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > > Brigette Bardot

    > > You probably meant Brigitte Bardot, didn´t you?
    > >

    > Yes, you caught a spelling error of mine. Do you like catching
    > things? Do you like fishing?

    No, especially not on the screen...
    Which side are you on?

    > > >was a big film sex symbol

    > > Not only a big film sex symbol, she was much more
    > >
    > > but if a feller was
    > > > stepping in the ring to go 15 rounds with Mohammed Ali, he would
    > > > not be advised to look or walk or talk like her. To so advise is
    > > > not to say anything bad about her, it is to say that it would be
    > > > inappropriate for a boxer to look like her.

    > > So what?

    > So to associate two words to suggest a negative thing does not
    > mean one attaches negative things absolutely to each separately.
    > That is so what.

    There is at least another way to look at that.
    Did you mean that a women should not be allowed to box (as a sport)?
    Well, I do not like boxing no matter whether it is for men or for women...

    > > Do you want to talk about spaghetti western?

    > Yes, I do. Very much so. How did you know? Best of these is Once
    > Upon A Time In The West - Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, the
    > Italian voluptuous beauty, Claudia Cardinale (have I spelt her
    > name right?)
    >
    > Do you ever dress western? Are you sure you don't want to hear
    > about Eliza again?

    But you seem to want to name it...
    Did you create the program?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/europa/italien/markerna/ancona/numana/semesterbostader.php
    Write in peace for peace
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 22, 2006
  12. Luigi Donatello Asero, May 22, 2006
  13. dorayme wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >> dorayme wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, I do. Very much so. How did you know? Best of these is Once
    >>> Upon A Time In The West - Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, the Italian
    >>> voluptuous beauty, Claudia Cardinale (have I spelt her name right?)

    >> That is a _great_ movie! <g>

    > Perhaps the greatest beginning of any Western ever, the gunmen
    > waiting at the train station, the train coming and going, the gunmen
    > and the haunting mouth organ (which had a meaning that appeared right
    > at the end). I can hear it now... let me get it for you so you too
    > can hear it... hang on a mo...

    The movie comes on various cable channels periodically; I always try to
    watch it.

    > Try http://tinyurl.com/gcyx9

    That's it. From a forwarding link on that page:

    "Entertainment Weekly (10/12/01, p.32) - Ranked #21 in EW's "100 Best
    Movie Soundtracks" - "...Arguably the greatest of all Western
    soundtracks..." Mojo (6/02, p.65) - Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest
    Movie Soundtracks" - "...Morricone's deathless masterpiece..."

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 22, 2006
  14. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article <cyhcg.1291$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > Yes, you caught a spelling error of mine. Do you like catching
    > > things? Do you like fishing?

    > No, especially not on the screen...
    > Which side are you on?

    You must mean in a Newtonian model of this universe? Even so, I
    don't know. Let us approach it sideways: What do you weigh?

    > > > So what?

    > > So to associate two words to suggest a negative thing does not
    > > mean one attaches negative things absolutely to each separately.
    > > That is so what.

    > Did you mean that a women should not be allowed to box (as a sport)?

    No, I did not mean this. Go see Million Dollar Baby, Clint
    Eastwood film.

    > > > Do you want to talk about spaghetti western?

    > > Yes, I do. Very much so. How did you know? Best of these is

    > > Are you sure you don't want to hear about Eliza again?

    > But you seem to want to name it...
    > Did you create the program?

    No, but I can dig out some transcripts if you are really so keen?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 23, 2006
  15. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article <5zhcg.1292$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > > There is at least another way to look at that.
    > > Did you mean that a women should not be allowed to box (as a sport)?

    > I meant "that women"

    Actually, you were just as correct the first time.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 23, 2006
  16. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <5zhcg.1292$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > > There is at least another way to look at that.
    > > > Did you mean that a women should not be allowed to box (as a sport)?

    > > I meant "that women"

    > Actually, you were just as correct the first time.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    I had used an undeterminative article which I did not need.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
    先生, 您讲汉语马 ?
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006
  17. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <cyhcg.1291$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > Yes, you caught a spelling error of mine. Do you like catching
    > > > things? Do you like fishing?

    > > No, especially not on the screen...
    > > Which side are you on?

    > You must mean in a Newtonian model of this universe? Even so, I
    > don't know. Let us approach it sideways: What do you weigh?

    Not that much. Do you know Sade, the singer?
    Well, the title of one of her songs was
    "Whose side are you on" wasn´t it?
    And I am still wondering..

    that it would be

    > > > So to associate two words to suggest a negative thing does not
    > > > mean one attaches negative things absolutely to each separately.
    > > > That is so what.

    > > Did you mean that a women should not be allowed to box (as a sport)?

    > No, I did not mean this. Go see Million Dollar Baby, Clint
    > Eastwood film.

    What is the film about?

    > > Did you create the program?

    > No, but I can dig out some transcripts if you are really so keen?

    What do you have to do with the program?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006
  18. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article <%2ucg.1383$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > I meant "that women"

    > > Actually, you were just as correct the first time.
    > >

    > I had used an undeterminative article which I did not need.

    My mistake... I thought you had said "that a woman" and that
    would have been correct. Your "that" caused an illusion in me!

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 23, 2006
  19. Cookie

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ffucg.1385$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > > No, I did not mean this. Go see Million Dollar Baby, Clint
    > > Eastwood film.

    > What is the film about?

    About a woman boxer.

    > > > Did you create the program?

    > > No, but I can dig out some transcripts if you are really so keen?

    > What do you have to do with the program?

    I have this to do with it: it makes me see a great similarity
    between the way it talks and some people I know through
    newsgroups...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 23, 2006
  20. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <%2ucg.1383$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    sport)?

    > > > Actually, you were just as correct the first time.
    > > >

    > > I had used an undeterminative article which I did not need.

    > My mistake... I thought you had said "that a woman" and that
    > would have been correct. Your "that" caused an illusion in me!

    At first I probably wanted to write "that a woman" but then I changed my
    mind and it slipped my mind to cancel
    "a".
    Luigi Donatello Asero, May 23, 2006