size of graphics files....

Janek Schleicher

Bill Parker wrote at Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:39:04 +0200:
Is it possible to easily mimic php's getimagesize function in perl? In
particular, I want to get at an images size in KB and X and Y values.

I fully admit to laziness in having purchased but not yet read Verbruggen's
"Graphics Programming with Perl" but I'm hoping this is such a simple task
that a) I won't need Image::Magick or whatever and b) someone else already
has a code fragment to hand

To get the size of a file in KB, please read
perldoc -f -X

To get its size in pixel width and height, have a look to the CPAN module
Image::Size

Greetings,
Janek

Bill Parker

Is it possible to easily mimic php's getimagesize function in perl? In
particular, I want to get at an images size in KB and X and Y values.

I fully admit to laziness in having purchased but not yet read Verbruggen's
"Graphics Programming with Perl" but I'm hoping this is such a simple task
that a) I won't need Image::Magick or whatever and b) someone else already
has a code fragment to hand

Thanks for any help and pointers etc.

Bill