size of graphics files....

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Janek Schleicher, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Bill Parker wrote at Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:39:04 +0200:

    > Is it possible to easily mimic php's getimagesize function in perl? In
    > particular, I want to get at an images size in KB and X and Y values.
    >
    > I fully admit to laziness in having purchased but not yet read Verbruggen's
    > "Graphics Programming with Perl" but I'm hoping this is such a simple task
    > that a) I won't need Image::Magick or whatever and b) someone else already
    > has a code fragment to hand

    To get the size of a file in KB, please read
    perldoc -f -X

    To get its size in pixel width and height, have a look to the CPAN module
    Image::Size

    Greetings,
    Janek

    Janek Schleicher, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Janek Schleicher

    Bill Parker Guest

    Is it possible to easily mimic php's getimagesize function in perl? In
    particular, I want to get at an images size in KB and X and Y values.

    I fully admit to laziness in having purchased but not yet read Verbruggen's
    "Graphics Programming with Perl" but I'm hoping this is such a simple task
    that a) I won't need Image::Magick or whatever and b) someone else already
    has a code fragment to hand

    Thanks for any help and pointers etc.

    Bill

    Bill Parker, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Janek Schleicher

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Martien Verbruggen wrote:

    >The book advises one to use Image::Size for this, and I fully
    >subscribe to that view :)

    Me too.

    Yet I'd like to point out that there is also an other module available,
    with overlapping use: Image::Info. Current URL:

    <http://search.cpan.org/author/GAAS/Image-Info-1.12/>

    --
    Bart.

    Bart Lateur, Jul 25, 2003