Skybuck's universal code

Skybuck Flying

I have finally figured out what the hell it is I invented :)

It's another universal code:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_code

I shall name this code:

Skybuck's universal code (pseudo name)

Houppermans's universal code (real name ;))

Data bits:
a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c

Marker bits:
0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1

Interleaved data and markers bits:

a0a0a0a0a0a1b0b0b0b0b1c0c0c0c1

The above serial information stream contains 3 information fields. The
fields A,B,C in binairy digits (bits)
( a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c ).

The information stream is interleaved (=mixed) with "marker" bits. (the
zeros and ones)

0 means another bit follows for the information field.
1 means the last bit has been reached for the information field.

To read field A a piece of software or hardware can use the following logic:

repeat
Read Data_Bit
Read Marker_Bit
until Marker_Bit = 1;

Thereafter the same logic can be used to read the next field.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Giannis Papadopoulos

Skybuck said:
[...]

Do all this address a real problem or have the remote possibility of
ever being used in practice?

It is a bad coding, it is not C related, and could only be used before
50 years when did not know any more efficient ways of manipulating data..

IMHo, there is no need trying to extend it or convincing other people
that has something truely unique...

--
one's freedom stops where other's begin

Giannis Papadopoulos
http://dop.users.uth.gr/
University of Thessaly
Computer & Communications Engineering dept.