Slideshow from local PC

Sudarshan

My intention is to burn images into a CD along with a HTML file and
AutoRun instruction to start the HTML file. The HTML file would
contain a JavaScript that would read the directory contents
(recursively, if required) and show the images on the browser in a
slideshow manner.

I spent a couple of hours searching for sample script to do something
similar, found several, but they all are designed to show the images
saved on the Web server.

Does JavaScript support local disk reading? Remember, the HTML came
from local disk. I spent some time on Netscape's JavaScript manual
site looking for some statement/function for directory services, and
found nothing.

Does the slideshow program I am looking for already exist? If not, I
can attempt to write one myself if I can figure out how to search the
local directory.

Thank you.

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Hi,
[...]

No, client-side JavaScript alone cannot do this. However, a Java applet
can, and this is exactly the main use I have for my applet WebLoadFile.
This applet can browse directories and deliver the content to JavaScript.

See

I am trying to finalize my own solution for a PhotoAlbum and might be
able to post this solution on my website soon.

HTH,

Laurent