Small Business SDK and ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Izaak, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. Izaak

    Izaak Guest

    Here is the issue.

    I am creating a module/WebApp that interacts with the new small business
    accounting 2006 beta SDK. The SDK requires a top level object to be created.
    I then use the “.login(companyname, database name)†method to login. I can
    then add, edit, delete information in the application using this object.

    I need advice on what scheme to use to kick off the login the first time the
    user runs any code that interacts with the SDK. I would like the logged in
    object to persist for as long as the user needs it. For examples each user
    gets his/her own Small business object to use while at the site. This will
    greatly speed up the application/module. Any advice would be great.

    It uses windows account to login. It just needs to know the database name
    and company name. The login running the web server will be used.

    Thank You,

    Izaak

    P.S.

    This application is a module that plugs in with another Content Management
    app called
    Dotnetnuke. Written in ASP/VB.net. It has its own authentication scheme.

    --
    Izaak

    Izaak, Mar 8, 2005

  2. There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET