    HTH

    With Best Regards
    Naveen K S

    Naveen, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Naveen

    HX Guest

    Hi Naveen,

    I agree with you, it is a great architectural design guidance.

    I have only a question regarding section "Using the Model-View-Controller
    Pattern to Implement Data Validation" (page 34).

    According to the author, "The controller object is responsible for notifying
    the user interface when changes to the data have occurred..." (Last paragraph
    on page 35). In my mind, Model of pattern MVC is supposed to do the
    notification thing but Controller. I really got confused of it. Would you
    have an explanation about it?

    BTW the scenario described in the section resembles the pattern of
    Decorator. Please see page 36, class CustomerController is decorator of class
    Customer. Please let me know how you think of it.

    Regards,

    Compuware NSC
    Hong Xu

    HX, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Naveen

    HX Guest

    Hi Naveen,

    It is a great architectural design guidance.

    I have only a question regarding section "Using the Model-View-Controller
    Pattern to Implement Data Validation" (on page 34).

    According to the author, "The controller object is responsible for notifying
    the user interface when changes to the data have occurred..." (Last paragraph
    on page 35). In my mind, Model of pattern MVC is supposed to do the
    notification thing but Controller. I really got confused of it. Would you
    have an explanation about it?

    BTW the scenario described in the section resembles the pattern of
    Decorator. Please see page 36, class CustomerController is decorator of class
    Customer. Please let me know how you think of it.

    Thanks,

    Hong X

    HX, Nov 23, 2004