Smart Client Architecture and Design Guide

HX

Hi Naveen,

I agree with you, it is a great architectural design guidance.

I have only a question regarding section "Using the Model-View-Controller
Pattern to Implement Data Validation" (page 34).

According to the author, "The controller object is responsible for notifying
the user interface when changes to the data have occurred..." (Last paragraph
on page 35). In my mind, Model of pattern MVC is supposed to do the
notification thing but Controller. I really got confused of it. Would you
have an explanation about it?

BTW the scenario described in the section resembles the pattern of
Decorator. Please see page 36, class CustomerController is decorator of class
Customer. Please let me know how you think of it.

Regards,

Compuware NSC
Hong Xu

HX

Hi Naveen,

It is a great architectural design guidance.

I have only a question regarding section "Using the Model-View-Controller
Pattern to Implement Data Validation" (on page 34).

According to the author, "The controller object is responsible for notifying
the user interface when changes to the data have occurred..." (Last paragraph
on page 35). In my mind, Model of pattern MVC is supposed to do the
notification thing but Controller. I really got confused of it. Would you
have an explanation about it?

BTW the scenario described in the section resembles the pattern of
Decorator. Please see page 36, class CustomerController is decorator of class
Customer. Please let me know how you think of it.

Thanks,

Hong X