smtplib data error

yazzoo

Does anyone know what causes an SMTPLIB DataError?

The only thing I can find in the manual is
exception SMTPDataError
The SMTP server refused to accept the message data.

My problem is a previously functioning script suddenly failed last week.
My ISP thinks it maybe something to do with upgrading CPanel on their
server -- maybe a library was missed, but when I try and execute a
script I get...

Traceback (most recent call last): File "test-py.cgi", line 790, in ?
sendemail(EmailFrom, EmailTo, emsg) File "test-py.cgi", line 20, in
sendemail failed = server.sendmail(EmailFrom, EmailTo, emsg) File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/smtplib.py", line 685, in sendmail raise
SMTPDataError(code, resp) smtplib.SMTPDataError: (550, 'Administrative
prohibition')

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lester.

Gerardo Herzig -Departamento de Proyectos Especial

If the drugs i got are still working, `550' error code stands "No soup for
you!!" (Relaying Denied). Maybe the IP in your web server is not into the
sendmail's access configuration file.

Gerardo

yazzoo

Gerardo Herzig -Departamento de Proyectos Especiales e Internet-
Facultad said:
If the drugs i got are still working, `550' error code stands "No soup for
you!!" (Relaying Denied). Maybe the IP in your web server is not into the
sendmail's access configuration file.

Gerardo
Thanks, it turns out that the ISP upgraded their smtp server software
which breaks smtplib, I guess. They suggest I use sendmail. The
traceback above though seems to suggest that smtplib uses sendmail, so I
don't know whether this will resolve or not

Thanks again for your suggestions
Lester

Peter Hansen

yazzoo said:
The traceback above though seems to suggest that smtplib uses sendmail

No it doesn't. Rather it suggests there is a method on the
server object called sendmail() and that it is raising the
exception shown. You can check the source: smtplib.py is
right there on your hard drive.

-Peter