SOAP: Creating a polymorphic Data Type

Discussion in 'Java' started by andy.wagg@gb.schneider-electric.com, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. I have a set of generated java classes from a supplied web service
    definition. One of these classes represents a complex type which has an
    attribute defined as a javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement. This is intended to
    be polymorphic so different data types can be passed.

    public class ItemValue {
    protected java.lang.String diagnosticInfo;
    protected javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement value;

    public ItemValue() {
    }

    public javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement getValue() {
    return value;
    }

    public void setValue(javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement value) {
    this.value = value;
    }
    };

    What I can't find is how do I create a SOAPElement to represent a
    simple data type, eg. xsd:int, that i can then pass in.

    Any help appreciated,

    Andy
    -electric.com, Feb 17, 2005