SOAP example

Baba

Hi all

I'm currently researching Web Services and SOAP technologies, and am trying
to find a what I think should be a typical example:

You have two applications which talk in the way of custom XML messages. The
XML is packaged in SOAP and sent via HTTP.

For instance one application sends <request>Hi.</request> and the other
responds with <response>Hi yourself</response>. The first one logs the
response. Simple as that.

However, I cannot find a single example of this. There are zillions of
examples of finding a web service, querying the web service for something,
SOAP XML-RPC etc.etc. but the above example nowhere. Usually it is mentioned
as a possibility (like SOAP is great in B2B when two applications talk via
SOAP) but nowhere a single line of code.

Does anybody know where I can find something like that (or has a simple
example which he would like to share)?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!