SOAP Header Not Sent If Exception Thrown

David Hayward via .NET 247

Hi--

I have a .NET web method that returns a soap header. The headersare included in the response when the web method completessuccessfully. However, they are not included if the web methodthrows an exception.

I've confirmed that the code is correctly instantiating mySoapHeader-derived class before returning a soap Fault.

Is there something that precludes a header from being included inan envelope if the body includes a fault? These seems to be thebehavior I'm experiencing. Is there some trick for having theheader included regardless of whether or not there is anexception?

Thanks.