Soap:lite with msdl file crash perl.exe v5.6.1

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by qa4ever@gmail.com, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Dear Soap / Perl gurus!

    I'm using Windows Server 2k3 SP1 and Perl v5.6.1

    I see perl.exe crash before I see "connected" text, why?

    The wsdl file describe the soap interface that is found at http://machinename:2222.
    (The wsdl file is not found/hosted at the http address, does it need
    to?, but instead is found on local disk)

    #!perl -w
    use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);

    my $soap = SOAP::Lite
    -> service('file://C:/Code/wsdl/webservice.x.y.1.1.wsdl')
    -> proxy('http://machinename:2222');
    <<<< crash in perl.exe
    print ">connected";

    Do I also need to update the C:/Code/wsdl/webservice.x.y.1.1.wsdl'
    file in this section?:
    <!-- Services -->
    <wsdl:service name="11WebService">

    <wsdl:port name="11Port" binding="tns:11Binding">
    <soap:address location=""/>
    </wsdl:port>

    </wsdl:service>

    Thank you for any hints that can shed som light on this.
    QA4Ever

    , Aug 26, 2008

    Re: Soap:lite with msdl file crash perl.exe v5.6.1

    On 26 Aug, 19:09, smallpond <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Dear Soap / Perl gurus!

    > > I'm using Windows Server 2k3 SP1 and Perl v5.6.1

    > > I see perl.exe crash before I see "connected" text, why?

    > > The wsdl file describe the soap interface that is found athttp://machinename:2222.
    > > (The wsdl file is not found/hosted at the http address, does it need
    > > to?, but instead is found on local disk)

    > > #!perl -w
    > > use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);

    > > my $soap =  SOAP::Lite
    > >    -> service('file://C:/Code/wsdl/webservice.x.y.1.1.wsdl')
    > >    -> proxy('http://machinename:2222');
    > > <<<< crash in perl.exe
    > > print ">connected";

    > You go through a proxy to get to your local hard drive?
    >
    > --S
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    Thank you for your comment smallpond.

    The wsdl file is stored on local disk with the client, separated from
    the soap service on the remote machine. There were no implementation
    requirement to expose the wsdl file over the Internet. Tests with .Net
    client can use this soap interface without problem. Response size is
    1-2 k byte of data. (there is no chance wsdl method def. will be put
    where soap service is)

    I ponder, Perl might crash because method is returning too much data
    in one chunk? For example, in .Net a soap buffer-size constant needs
    to be increased from default (but I recall its about 64kb by default),
    to avoid exceptions.

    Is there a method to only download chunks of data using soap:lite or
    other method?

    Also I would appreciate very much if somebody could post working code
    where wsdl (file://) and soap service (http://) is NOT found at same
    place, i.e. they are separated. Preferably code that calls any public
    Internet soap service.

    Thank you,
    QA4Ever

    , Aug 27, 2008