SOAP over JMS vs SOAP over HTTP

Nagesh

Hi,

I am confused on usage of SOAP message over different mediums. I am
trying to find out if SOAP over JMS is better than SOAP over HTTP, or
not.

Actually I need to implement a Centrailzed Web Service for my
application, for which the main concerns are Scalability & Performance.
Interoperability is not that big constraint, as most of the clients are
based on Java (with a few clients on Perl & Siebel).

So if anyone has some idea on which one would be better for me, please
do help. Any inputs or any pointers for this would be highly
appreciated.

cheers
-nagesh

Tomek

Nagesh napisal(a):
Actually I need to implement a Centrailzed Web Service for my
application, for which the main concerns are Scalability & Performance.
Interoperability is not that big constraint, as most of the clients are
based on Java (with a few clients on Perl & Siebel).
IMO:
If your business logic require that you must use reliable transport (
client cant retry message ) or you don't care when response will
arrive, then use JMS.
If you prefer Performance & scalability then i think http transport is
better( probaly faster and you can just put any http router in front
of your server and add new box when needed ).
btw. i hope you use stax based webservice ( Performance :) like Xfire
or Axis 2.x :)

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Nagesh said:
I am confused on usage of SOAP message over different mediums. I am
trying to find out if SOAP over JMS is better than SOAP over HTTP, or
not.

Actually I need to implement a Centrailzed Web Service for my
application, for which the main concerns are Scalability & Performance.
Interoperability is not that big constraint, as most of the clients are
based on Java (with a few clients on Perl & Siebel).

So if anyone has some idea on which one would be better for me, please
do help. Any inputs or any pointers for this would be highly
appreciated.

Some years ago SOAP over JMS had a very bad reputation
due to poor implementations.

It may have improved since then. But there are no doubt
that SOAP over HTTP is the mainstream.

And usually mainstream means fewer bugs and more
work on improving performance.

Arne