    appreciated.

    cheers
    -nagesh
    Nagesh, Aug 11, 2006

  2. Nagesh

    Tomek Guest

    Nagesh napisal(a):
    > Hi,

    > Actually I need to implement a Centrailzed Web Service for my
    > application, for which the main concerns are Scalability & Performance.
    > Interoperability is not that big constraint, as most of the clients are
    > based on Java (with a few clients on Perl & Siebel).

    IMO:
    If your business logic require that you must use reliable transport (
    client cant retry message ) or you don't care when response will
    arrive, then use JMS.
    If you prefer Performance & scalability then i think http transport is
    better( probaly faster and you can just put any http router in front
    of your server and add new box when needed ).
    btw. i hope you use stax based webservice ( Performance :) like Xfire
    or Axis 2.x :)
    Tomek, Aug 11, 2006

  3. Nagesh wrote:
    > I am confused on usage of SOAP message over different mediums. I am
    > trying to find out if SOAP over JMS is better than SOAP over HTTP, or
    > not.
    >
    > Actually I need to implement a Centrailzed Web Service for my
    > application, for which the main concerns are Scalability & Performance.
    > Interoperability is not that big constraint, as most of the clients are
    > based on Java (with a few clients on Perl & Siebel).
    >
    > So if anyone has some idea on which one would be better for me, please
    > do help. Any inputs or any pointers for this would be highly
    > appreciated.

    Some years ago SOAP over JMS had a very bad reputation
    due to poor implementations.

    It may have improved since then. But there are no doubt
    that SOAP over HTTP is the mainstream.

    And usually mainstream means fewer bugs and more
    work on improving performance.

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Aug 12, 2006