SOAP timing out

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Amer Neely, Sep 27, 2007.

  1. Amer Neely

    Amer Neely Guest

    I have a working script that successfully sends data from my home PC to
    a SOAP server in a .NET environment. I run Win2K on this box.

    When I upload the script to a Redhat server, it times out, and does not
    submit any data.

    Anyone have a clue what might be causing this?

    -------------------------------8<---------------------------------
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use strict;
    use warnings;

    use lib 'PerlMods/SOAP-Lite-0.69/lib';
    use SOAP::Lite ( +trace => 'all', maptype => {} );

    my $FirstName='Amer';
    my $LastName='Neely';
    my $proxy = 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:180/somescript.asmx'; # edited
    my $soap = SOAP::Lite
    -> uri('http://localhost:180/somewhere')
    -> on_action( sub { join '/', 'http://localhost:180/somewhere','Insert'} )
    -> proxy('http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:180/somescript.asmx');

    my $method = SOAP::Data->name('Insert')
    ->attr({xmlns => 'http://localhost:180/somewhere'});

    my @params = (
    SOAP::Data-> name(FirstName => $FirstName),
    SOAP::Data-> name(LastName => $LastName));
    print $soap->call($method => @params)->result;
    -------------------------------8<---------------------------------

    This prints 'OK', which is what is returned by the 'Insert' function
    from the server.

    --
    Amer Neely
    w: www.webmechanic.softouch.on.ca/

    Amer Neely, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Amer Neely

    rahed Guest

    Amer Neely <> writes:

    > I have a working script that successfully sends data from my home PC
    > to a SOAP server in a .NET environment. I run Win2K on this box.
    >
    > When I upload the script to a Redhat server, it times out, and does
    > not submit any data.
    >
    > Anyone have a clue what might be causing this?

    Change a SOAPAction header through an on_action method.

    --
    Radek

    rahed, Sep 28, 2007

  3. Amer Neely

    Amer Neely Guest

    rahed wrote:
    > Amer Neely <> writes:
    >
    >> I have a working script that successfully sends data from my home PC
    >> to a SOAP server in a .NET environment. I run Win2K on this box.
    >>
    >> When I upload the script to a Redhat server, it times out, and does
    >> not submit any data.
    >>
    >> Anyone have a clue what might be causing this?

    > Change a SOAPAction header through an on_action method.

    Ummm. I'm sorry but can you provide a little more detail for that? I'm
    new to SOAP and .NET, so I need a little more to work with.

    Amer Neely, Sep 28, 2007
  4. Amer Neely

    rahed Guest

    Amer Neely <> writes:

    > Ummm. I'm sorry but can you provide a little more detail for that? I'm
    > new to SOAP and .NET, so I need a little more to work with.

    First try not to use on_action method. Default is set to uri#method and
    it works when calling Perl service from Perl client.

    Anyway it should return some fault report. If not, it's an http issue.

    --
    Radek

    rahed, Sep 29, 2007
  5. Amer Neely

    Amer Neely Guest

    rahed wrote:
    > Amer Neely <> writes:
    >
    >> Ummm. I'm sorry but can you provide a little more detail for that? I'm
    >> new to SOAP and .NET, so I need a little more to work with.

    > First try not to use on_action method. Default is set to uri#method and
    > it works when calling Perl service from Perl client.
    >
    > Anyway it should return some fault report. If not, it's an http issue.

    I am trying a modification to my script based on the example at
    http://users.skynet.be/pascalbotte/rcx-ws-doc/perldotnet.htm

    This return in the error log looks worrisome:
    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP::Response=HASH(0x1f8f14c)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    I am getting the fault report:
    Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to
    an instance of an object

    The script times out with a '500 Internal Server Error'.

    Does this help in debugging?

    Amer Neely, Sep 29, 2007
  6. Amer Neely

    Amer Neely Guest

    rahed wrote:
    > Amer Neely <> writes:
    >
    >> Ummm. I'm sorry but can you provide a little more detail for that? I'm
    >> new to SOAP and .NET, so I need a little more to work with.

    > First try not to use on_action method. Default is set to uri#method and
    > it works when calling Perl service from Perl client.
    >
    > Anyway it should return some fault report. If not, it's an http issue.

    I am trying a modification to my script based on the example at
    http://users.skynet.be/pascalbotte/rcx-ws-doc/perldotnet.htm

    I don't get a fault report, but this entry in the log file worries me:
    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP::Response=HASH(0x89533f4)
    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 500 (Internal Server Error)
    Can't connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:180 (connect: timeout)

    The script still times out with a '500 Internal Server Error'.

    Does this help in debugging?

    Amer Neely, Sep 29, 2007
  7. Amer Neely

    rahed Guest

    Amer Neely <> writes:

    > I don't get a fault report, but this entry in the log file worries me:
    > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP::Response=HASH(0x89533f4)
    > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 500 (Internal Server
    > Error) Can't connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:180 (connect: timeout)

    Application doesn't respond, you want to look at server faultstring
    what's wrong.

    --
    Radek

    rahed, Sep 29, 2007
  8. Amer Neely

    Amer Neely Guest

    rahed wrote:
    > Amer Neely <> writes:
    >
    >> I don't get a fault report, but this entry in the log file worries me:
    >> SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP::Response=HASH(0x89533f4)
    >> SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 500 (Internal Server
    >> Error) Can't connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:180 (connect: timeout)

    > Application doesn't respond, you want to look at server faultstring
    > what's wrong.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Server
    was unable to process request. ---&gt; Object reference not set to an
    instance of an object.</faultstring><detail
    /></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    Amer Neely, Sep 29, 2007
  9. Amer Neely

    rahed Guest

    Amer Neely <> writes:

    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope
    > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Server
    > was unable to process request. ---&gt; Object reference not set to an
    > instance of an object.</faultstring><detail
    > /></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    You've got to fiddle with SOAPAction and probably other things as
    described in "SOAP::Lite client with a .NET server" section of SOAP::Lite
    docs.

    --
    Radek

    rahed, Sep 29, 2007
  10. Amer Neely

    Amer Neely Guest

    rahed wrote:
    > Amer Neely <> writes:
    >
    >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope
    >> xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    >> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Server
    >> was unable to process request. ---&gt; Object reference not set to an
    >> instance of an object.</faultstring><detail
    >> /></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    > You've got to fiddle with SOAPAction and probably other things as
    > described in "SOAP::Lite client with a .NET server" section of SOAP::Lite
    > docs.

    It seems fiddling is all I've been doing for the past week or so :) I'll
    do some more. For all its hype I'm not impressed with the .NET <-> SOAP
    interoperability.

    Amer Neely, Sep 29, 2007