    - or a potential third option?

    Thanks in advance.
    Thomas
    tsj, Jan 17, 2007

  2. tsj

    Ivan Novick Guest

    tsj wrote:
    > I have to implement a SOAP web server in C++, and I am considering two
    > 1. gSOAP
    > 2. Borland classes from their C++ builder 2006
    >
    > I have several examples in gSOAP up and running, but there seems to be
    > quite a lot af manual typing in order to pass large objects from the
    > client to the server and back.
    >
    > I have a feeling that the solution in Borland builder 2006 requires
    > less manual coding, but despite a rather exhaustive search I can not
    > find any examples. Have any of you successfully implemented a SOAP web
    > service using Borland builder 2006? Any comments about the two options
    > - or a potential third option?

    You will probably get more community support from an opensource
    technology, hence you find no information regarding Borland's version.
    I have heard quite a bit about gSOAP but nothing about Borland's. The
    apache foundation also has an option, you can find on their site, but
    from what information i have seen gSOAP looks like the most attractive
    option for SOAP with C++.

    --
    Ivan
    http://www.0x4849.net