SOAP4R+WSDL+HTTP proxies?

Lennon Day-Reynolds

Has anyone had any luck getting the WSDLDriverFactory class in SOAP4R
to import an external WSDL file using an HTTP proxy? I'm fine on
anything behind the firewall, but nothing I try ('http_proxy' and
'soap_use_proxy' env vars, manually accessing ENV hash within code,
properties file, etc.) seems to work -- I get a timeout on every
attempt to load and parse the WSDL file.

There are possible workarounds, (like pre-fetching the WSDL file with
the normal Net::HTTP class, on which I can set the proxy options
easily) or hacking up my own version of the WSDL::Importer#import
method (since it appears that's the point of failure). I'd rather stay
within the normal SOAP4R API if possible, though, so if anyone has a
possible solution for me, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Lennon
rcoder.net

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting the WSDLDriverFactory class in SOAP4R
to import an external WSDL file using an HTTP proxy? I'm fine on
anything behind the firewall, but nothing I try ('http_proxy' and
'soap_use_proxy' env vars, manually accessing ENV hash within code,
properties file, etc.) seems to work -- I get a timeout on every
attempt to load and parse the WSDL file.

I'm behind a firewall when I'm in my office. soap_use_proxy and
http_proxy works for me.

$ soap_use_proxy=on http_proxy=http://proxy:8080 ruby -rsoap/wsdlDriver -e '...'

should work.

Does your proxy requires authentication? Currently soap4r does not
support Porxy Authentication...

Regards,
// NaHi

Lennon Day-Reynolds

Hiroshi,

There's no authentication required for the proxy, and I'm definitely
able to get through it using the standard Net::HTTP proxy methods. I'm
also trying to run this code on Windows, though, which may be
affecting the environment variable handling.

Unfortunately, I also can't know before the application is run whether
or not the end user is behind a proxy, and all of the SOAP
proxy-handling code seems to be designed to read the settings once at
library import time. I think that, for now, I'll just pre-fetch the
WSDL using a normal HTTP request, and then use the local file.

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway.