Socket Listener not available

not entered

I've got a perl script running on a linux box. The script uses a socket
server and when I stop the script and restart it, I can't get a listener for
about 5 minutes. The line that I'm using to get the listener is:

$manager = new IO::Socket::INET ( Listen => 5, LocalPort => 1099);

SOMETIMES I can get new listeners right away... most of the time it takes
about 5 minutes... occasionally it takes 10 or 20 mins.

Does anyone know what's happening? Should I be stopping the script more
gracefully?

Stephen.

Joe Smith

not said:
when I stop the script and restart it, I can't get a listener for
about 5 minutes.

perldoc IO::Socket::INET
ReusePort Set SO_REUSEPORT before binding