Socket Support When Compiling Python 2.3.5 On Cygwin

Discussion in 'Python' started by tom@tompurl.com, Aug 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I compiled Python 2.3.5 from source on my Cygwin machine (XP), and I got
    the following error when I tried to initialize Zope:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/opt/Zope-2.7.7/lib/python/ZEO/runzeo.py", line 42, in ?
    import socket
    File "/opt/Python23//lib/python2.3/socket.py", line 44, in ?
    import _socket
    ImportError: No module named _socket

    Apparently, Zope depends on the
    $PY23_HOME/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/_socket.dll, and this file doesn't
    exist on my system. What do I need to do to make sure that this file will
    be created with I compile Python 2.3.5?

    The really weird thing about this is that I also compiled Python 2.4 on
    this system, and the socket files were created. What's different about
    2.3.5?

    Thanks in advance!

    Tom Purl
    , Aug 25, 2005