Software for web-based private discussion groups

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Axel Etzold, Jul 3, 2008.

  1. Axel Etzold

    Axel Etzold Guest

    Dear all,

    I'd like to set up a web-based discussion group for some 20-50 people.
    It should be possible to restrict access to some of the messages, as it is
    finance-related ...
    Can you recommend a software written in Ruby to do this easily ?

    Thank you very much.

    Best regards,

    Axel

    Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

    Axel Etzold, Jul 3, 2008

  2. Axel Etzold wrote:
    > I'd like to set up a web-based discussion group for some 20-50 people.
    > It should be possible to restrict access to some of the messages, as it is
    > finance-related ...
    > Can you recommend a software written in Ruby to do this easily ?

    Rather than setting visibility on individual messages, wouldn't it be
    better to setup multiple discussion groups, one that's world readable
    and others that are restricted to only people that you or some other
    moderator approve? That way when someone interacts in a specific group,
    they know the visibility policy up front. Is Google Groups sufficient
    for your needs? How about something like Beast [http://beast.caboo.se/]?

    -igal

    Igal Koshevoy, Jul 3, 2008