software only PKCS#11 implementation

Xander Uiterlinden

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a project which uses the IAIK JCE provider to
do a lot of RSA encryptions and decryptions. Especially the
decryptions are not very fast. I'm looking for a way to speed up these
decryptions.
A possibility I'm thinking of is the use of a hardware cryptoboard.
Before buying such an expensive board I'd like to experiment with the
IAIK PKCS#11 wrapper first. Therefore I would nee something like a
software only PKCS#11 module.
A thing that would be nice, is that if I'd have a software module
which uses native code (instead of java) to perform the actual crypto
operations, since this could bring me the increase in speed already.
Does anyone know where to find such a software module?

Thanks,

Xander Uiterlinden

Roedy Green

Therefore I would nee something like a
software only PKCS#11 module.

If you can find even a java implementation, I can convert it to MASM,
and build a JNI link to it.

It is possible the cryptoboard is just an ordinary CPU with someone's
fine tuned assembler running on it.