Please donate to the Python Software Foundation

sdeibel

Hi,

I'm writing to urge members of the Python community to please
keep the Python Software Foundation in mind in your "year end
giving".

The PSF is the 501(c)3 non-profit organization that holds and
protects the intellectual property rights behind Python. We deal
with the licensing, contribution agreements, and legal
requirements of copyright and trademark in order to keep Python
open and free of legal claims.

The PSF also:

* Provides the financial backing that makes PyCon possible:
http://us.pycon.org/

* Funds special projects such as the recent website redesign:
http://python.org/

and the current Python Advocacy Coordinator experiment:
http://python.org/psf/grants/advocacy/orig-proposal.pdf
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonAdvocacyCoordinator

* Funds grants:
http://www.python.org/psf/grants/

* Responds to legal queries about the license, trademarks, or
US export control registration, owns/renews the key Python
domain names, and other such administrative chores.

How to Donate
-------------

We take credit cards, checks, wire transfers, and PayPal:

http://www.python.org/psf/donations/

Donations are tax deductible for US citizens and for any business
where donations or sponsorship can be considered pre-tax business
expenses.

Businesses can also consider becoming a sponsor member of the
PSF:

http://www.python.org/psf/sponsorship/

Or, become a sponsor of PyCon 2007:

http://us.pycon.org/TX2007/HowToSponsor

If you have any questions, please email me directly.

Thanks!

Stephan Deibel
Chairman of the Board
Python Software Foundation