    Ankit Parikh
    Manukau Institute of Technology

    , Aug 24, 2005

  2. Eric Guest

    The chromosome could be a linear truth table:

    example: NAND
    A B | C
    0 0 | 1
    0 1 | 1
    1 0 | 1
    1 1 | 0

    Representation "001"&"011"&"101"&"110" = "001011101110"

    The fitness function could evaluate each peice of the truth table
    (every possible A B combination and assign a value to each right or
    wrong answer. So for a NAND gate you'd have 4 peices of the fitness
    function, just add them together to get the fitness value for that
    population.

    It's a strech, but it might work.

    Good Luck,

    Eric

    Eric, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Eric Guest

    I'm making the chromosome more complicated than it needs to be. Just
    have it be the four values of C

    Example for NAND = "1110". This will make crossovers and mutations a
    lot easier.

    ERic

    Eric, Aug 25, 2005