Some files can harm your computer message for ASP.NET page.

Alex Shefer

I have ASP.NET web application running on Microsoft Server 2003.
It works fine for many clients but one of my clients gets a "File
Download" dialog "Some files can harm your computer" trying to see
aspx page.
Can it some browser problem, wrong browser security settings ?

Thank you,
Alex Shefer

Hermit Dave

i think the browser does a scan on the content type. with XP SP2 if the
content type detected can contain a potential virus... ie a macro in office
document or an application.. then it prompts the user. i am afraid there is
nothing you can do about this. unless ofcourse you pass things as txt file.
--

Regards,

Hermit Dave (D'way)
http://hdave.blogspot.com

(I hear what you're saying.. but lets try it my way first)

Keith

Hi,

I faced this problem too.. The dialog "Some files can harm your
computer ...." only appears in some PCs .. works perfectly normal in
others ..

can anyway advice how to solve this issue? is it b'cos of browser
settings?

any advice is greatly appreciated