some fonts

Philip Ronan

Jan said:
With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php

I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
of what I see.
So how can I get more fonts?

It looks like opera is doing something with the fonts "Helvetica" and
"Times" that doesn't happen in the other two browsers. My guess is that
these fonts don't exist in your system, so it's substituting them with
"Arial" and "Times New Roman", which are the Windows equivalents.

You could probably display more fonts on this page if you spell them
correctly.

Veranda => Verdana
Curier => Courier (or probably "Courier New" on your system)

Jan Faerber

Philip said:
It looks like opera is doing something with the fonts "Helvetica" and
"Times" that doesn't happen in the other two browsers. My guess is that
these fonts don't exist in your system, so it's substituting them with
"Arial" and "Times New Roman", which are the Windows equivalents.

You could probably display more fonts on this page if you spell them
correctly.

Veranda => Verdana
Curier => Courier (or probably "Courier New" on your system)

Thank you Philip!
Verdana remains the same but Courier shows up now.