some fonts

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jan Faerber, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Jan Faerber

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Jan Faerber, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Jan Faerber

    Mitja Guest

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:30:01 GMT, Jan Faerber <> wrote:

    > Hey!
    >
    > With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
    > http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php
    >
    > I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
    > of what I see.
    > So how can I get more fonts?

    By installing them on your system, maybe? I'm afraid I don't understand
    the problem.

    BTW, in my environment, 1,2,4,5 and 3,8 look the same.

    --
    Mitja

    Mitja, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Jan Faerber

    Philip Ronan Guest

    Jan Faerber wrote:

    > With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
    > http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php
    >
    > I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
    > of what I see.
    > So how can I get more fonts?

    It looks like opera is doing something with the fonts "Helvetica" and
    "Times" that doesn't happen in the other two browsers. My guess is that
    these fonts don't exist in your system, so it's substituting them with
    "Arial" and "Times New Roman", which are the Windows equivalents.

    You could probably display more fonts on this page if you spell them
    correctly.

    Veranda => Verdana
    Curier => Courier (or probably "Courier New" on your system)

    --
    Philip Ronan

    Philip Ronan, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Jan Faerber

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Philip Ronan wrote:

    > Jan Faerber wrote:
    >
    >> With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
    >> http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php
    >>
    >> I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
    >> of what I see.
    >> So how can I get more fonts?

    > It looks like opera is doing something with the fonts "Helvetica" and
    > "Times" that doesn't happen in the other two browsers. My guess is that
    > these fonts don't exist in your system, so it's substituting them with
    > "Arial" and "Times New Roman", which are the Windows equivalents.
    >
    > You could probably display more fonts on this page if you spell them
    > correctly.
    >
    > Veranda => Verdana
    > Curier => Courier (or probably "Courier New" on your system)

    Thank you Philip!
    Verdana remains the same but Courier shows up now.

    --
    Jan

    http://www.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Nov 4, 2004