Some PyCon videos won't play

Discussion in 'Python' started by Lee Harr, Mar 13, 2010.

  1. Lee Harr

    Lee Harr Guest

    I am having a great time watching videos from PyCon. Thanks to
    everyone who presented, and to those who did such a great job
    putting the videos up at: http://pycon.blip.tv/

    My trouble is that, although most of the videos play perfectly,
    there are a few that refuse to play at all. Like:

    Python 101
    http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3322312/

    Using Python to Create Robotic Simulations for Planetary Exploration
    http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3332780/

    Saturday Morning Lightning talks
    http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3264041/

    Is anyone else having trouble with these?

    Lee Harr, Mar 13, 2010

  2. Lee Harr <> writes:

    > I am having a great time watching videos from PyCon. Thanks to
    > everyone who presented, and to those who did such a great job
    > putting the videos up at: http://pycon.blip.tv/
    >
    > My trouble is that, although most of the videos play perfectly,
    > there are a few that refuse to play at all. Like:

    I also had problems playing some of the videos (using gnash), but if you
    press "files and links", then you can download the talk as an ogv
    file. Furthermore blip.tv provides an rss-feed with ogv-files for
    each channel on their site.

    http://pycon.blip.tv/rss

    Thanks to the pycon people for putting all their nice videos on the web.

    Niels

    Niels L. Ellegaard, Mar 14, 2010