    is there an option to enable this function?

    please advise,
    Nigil

    Nigil, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Hi Nigel,

    Thanks for posting to the newsgroup.

    I don't quite understand your question. Which "output directory" are you
    talking about? When you add an existing item to your project, such as
    "Testing.gif", VS.NET automatically copies that file into your project
    directory.

    Can you clarify?

    Thanks,
    bliz

    --
    Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET
    Community Developer Evangelist

    Your Potential. Our Passion.

    This posting is provided as is, without warranty, and confers no rights.

    "Nigil" <> wrote in message
    > hi Guys,
    >
    > Ok... let me start from here... I have create a project called "New
    > Project";
    > under my "New Project" Solution Explorer Panel, I have including a file
    > called "Testing.gif";
    > so when I compile my project.. how do I copy the "Testing.gif" to the

    output
    > directory without creating a method just to copy over it from my

    scripting?

    Jim Blizzard [MSFT], Sep 30, 2003

  3. Nigil

    Nigil Chua Guest

    Hi Jim,

    thanks for ur prompt reply....
    yep.. true enough.. it actually copied my "Testing.gif" to my project
    folder...

    so when building that project... can I copy that "Testing.gif" to the
    output folder .. "release or debug" folder...

    regards,
    Nigil

    Nigil Chua, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Hi Nigil,

    When you compile, the .DLL is placed in the \bin directory, directly "under"
    your project directory, true?

    The image file should be available to the web application (debug or release
    version) without having to move it anywhere. You shouldn't have to copy the
    image file to the release or debug folder.

    When you get ready to deploy the app, make sure you copy the image files
    (and the \images folder if you have one) along with the .ASPX pages and the
    \bin directory.

    bliz
    --
    Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET