Some questions on building an application.

Nigil

hi Guys,

Ok... let me start from here... I have create a project called "New
Project";
under my "New Project" Solution Explorer Panel, I have including a file
called "Testing.gif";
so when I compile my project.. how do I copy the "Testing.gif" to the output
directory without creating a method just to copy over it from my scripting?

is there an option to enable this function?

please advise,
Nigil

Jim Blizzard [MSFT]

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for posting to the newsgroup.

I don't quite understand your question. Which "output directory" are you
talking about? When you add an existing item to your project, such as
"Testing.gif", VS.NET automatically copies that file into your project
directory.

Can you clarify?

Thanks,
bliz

--
Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET
Community Developer Evangelist

Your Potential. Our Passion.

This posting is provided as is, without warranty, and confers no rights.

Nigil Chua

Hi Jim,

thanks for ur prompt reply....
yep.. true enough.. it actually copied my "Testing.gif" to my project
folder...

so when building that project... can I copy that "Testing.gif" to the
output folder .. "release or debug" folder...

regards,
Nigil

Jim Blizzard [MSFT]

Hi Nigil,

When you compile, the .DLL is placed in the \bin directory, directly "under"
your project directory, true?

The image file should be available to the web application (debug or release
version) without having to move it anywhere. You shouldn't have to copy the
image file to the release or debug folder.

When you get ready to deploy the app, make sure you copy the image files
(and the \images folder if you have one) along with the .ASPX pages and the
\bin directory.

bliz
--
Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET