Source code for ActiveDirectoryMembership provider?

Michael D'Angelo

Does anyone know if the source for the AD membership provider that ships as
part of .NET 2.0 has been released? I remember they released the source for
the SqlMembershipProvider but I can't find anywhere if the AD one is
available. I'd like to make some customizations, and I'd rather not have to
re-implement the entire provider if possible.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

I don't know if it has been posted. You might need to reverse engineer it
with reflector and recompile it from there.

Joe K.

Dominick Baier

Hi,

no - only the AzMan and SQL provider...reflector is your friend :))

dominick

Michael D'Angelo

Thanks, I'll try that. Though I don't know how I feel about
reverse-engineering ;)

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Most of us use reflector all the time as a learning tool. That seems
totally reasonable to me. If possible, you should consider trying to
inherit from the current provider and overriding behavior that your need to
change. I believe it is designed with that use case in mind and that might
save you a lot of time.

The reflector file disassembler plug-in can also dump whole assemblies to
source code files, making recompilation much more practical, if you need to
do that.

Joe K.