spawn web page with user logged in

David Thielen

Hi;

We have a case in our web app, which uses the asp.net membership/role stuff
for security, where we launch a second web page that is bringing up a page on
the site. When we do so, it asks the user to log in on that browser.

Is there a ay to have it launch with the credentials of the page that
launched it?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dave,

From your description, in your ASP.NET web application which use Membership
Service, and when one of the authenticated user bring up a new page, the
new page will redirect the user to login page for credential ,correct?

As for the membership service, are you using it with the default forms
authentication setting. Also, for "bring up a new page", would you show me
some detailed code and page logic on how this happen in your application.
Based on my understanding, forms authentication's authenticated user will
have login credential in cookie and this can persist among multiple
browsers opened by the same user.

Please let me know if there is anything I've missed here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.