SPE: New website & Mac Os X fund raising

spe.stani.be

SPE (Stani's Python Editor) is an open-source python IDE with auto
indentation & completion, call tips, syntax coloring & highlighting,
UML diagrams, class explorer, source index, auto todo list, sticky
notes, pycrust shell, file browsers, drag&drop, context help, Blender
support, ... Spe ships with Python debugger (remote & encrypted),
wxGlade (gui designer), PyChecker (source code doctor) and Kiki (regex
console).

To support the development of SPE for Mac, some enthousiastic mac SPE
users have started a fund raising campaign to buy a Mac for SPE:

"What it would be worth to you to have a new release of SPE running
on your Mac Os X the same day as it appears on other platforms? $50?
$75? $100? My company, Dartware, has contributed 250 Euros to start the
fundraising. We're willing to give a major boost because it's worth it
for us to have a nice environment for Python programming." - Rich
Brown (Dartware)

Acquiring a Mac for SPE will allow to optimize it properly and to
release it simultaneously for Mac Os X. Any donation is welcome, but of
course generous donations are necessary. Due to the high Paypal
commission fees, European users are explicitly requested to donate
through IBAN. More info on the donation page.

Until now people donated 314 Euros. 416 Euros is still required to make
the purchase (mini Mac & KVM switch) go through. If some people would
donate 50 euros, this target could easily get archieved. Otherwise if
you have an old Mac, which runs Os X and which you are ready to give to
SPE, contact me. If someone is able to convince Mac to do some
sponsering, please contact me as well.

The new version of SPE 0.7.5.b, which will include the debugger, will
be released soon. Subscribe to the mailing list or read more on the SPE
News Blog. Links and bookmarks to the SPE website should be updated to
http://pythonide.stani.be!

Stani (spe.stani.be at gmail.com)

Homepage: http://pythonide.stani.be
Screenshots: http://pythonide.stani.be/screenshots