SPE python IDE: Call for testers!

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

I've been working a lot on fixing SPE and upgrading it with the latest
plugins. The winpdb debugger no longer fails and wxGlade crashes are
history. Is that not great? Are you eager to try it out yourself?
Please do! Get it from subversion and test it for any critical bug, so
I can iron it out. I have been patching a lot for Ubuntu users, who
will be very pleased with this release, and I'd like to thank Jurjen a
lot for his work on Mac issues. This is a definitely a release
everyone should upgrade to, wether you use windows, mac or linux! SPE
is both suitable for newbies and experienced python programmers.

Read more and comment here:

http://pythonide.stani.be

Thanks for your interest,

Stani

MonkeeSage

Very nice. One issue I've come across is that it doesn't seem to work
with < wxwidgets-2.8 (segfault when trying to load a file), so you
should probably set MIN_WX_VERSION to 2.8.

Regards,
Jordan

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

Very nice. One issue I've come across is that it doesn't seem to work
with < wxwidgets-2.8 (segfault when trying to load a file), so you
should probably set MIN_WX_VERSION to 2.8.

Regards,
Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for trying. Did you try from subversion? Could you send me the
debug output (python SPE.py --debug) or send me the file you were
trying to open? SPE has not any specific wxPython2.8 feature, so I am
very curious what causes the error.

Stani

PS Erratum: I forgot to update my blog with the changes in SPE: now
you can read them at: http://pythonide.stani.be