Specified cast is not valid.

Alan Z. Scharf

1. Getting above error after moving lines around and pasting in HTML view of
web form.

2. KB327287 says:

CAUSE
This problem might occur on postback because the control tree hierarchy is
re-ordered. On postback, the view state for controls is loaded based on the
positions of the controls (indexes) in the control tree. The hierarchy that
is created on postback must match the hierarchy that is used initially when
the view state is saved.
RESOLUTION
Make sure that the control tree is re-created on postback in the same order
that it was saved at the end of the previous request.

3. How do I accomplish the recommended solution? I haven't been able to
find anything on control tree hierarchy in docs.

Thanks.

Alan

Alan Z. Scharf
GrapeVine Systems
New York City

PK

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, what were your solutions?
I'm experiencing the same problem (cast error during postback), and I'm
at a roadblock.

Thanks!

PK