    to a server, but the display should remain in UTF-8. Like display all the
    controls in UTF-8 when i click a button i need to convert the data from UTF-8
    to WINDOWS-1252 and post the data to server during postback is that possible?

    Krishna, Dec 2, 2009

  2. Krishna

    Dan Guest

    "Krishna" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a asp.net page in which i have set the responseencoding
    > ="WINDOWS-1252" it converts all the characters displayed from UTF-8 to
    > WINDOWS-1252. but i need to use WINDOWS-1252 as encoding type to post a
    > data
    > to a server, but the display should remain in UTF-8. Like display all the
    > controls in UTF-8 when i click a button i need to convert the data from
    > UTF-8
    > to WINDOWS-1252 and post the data to server during postback is that
    > possible?

    Look into the accept-charset attribute of the form element - this should, in
    theory, allow you to have the HTML character set as UTF-8 but force the
    browser to submit the form using WINDOWS-1252. However, I've never actually
    had the need to try this in any web application I've built, so I don't know
    how widely this attribute is supported by browsers.

    You might also have better luck in a .net related newsgroup - this
    particular group is for "classic" ASP (ie ASP versions 1.x, 2.x, 3.x) and
    not for ASP.Net. A better group is probably
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or one of it's "child" groups.

    --
    Dan

    Dan, Dec 2, 2009