    I have a query that returns a resultset rather fast, but when I go through
    the loop to write it out to the page I get a slow display. Is there a way
    to speed this up?

    joethis, Oct 15, 2004

  2. joethis

    joethis Guest

    "Curt_C [MVP]" wrote:

    > Show code....
    >
    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    > Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    >

    > "joethis" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a query that returns a resultset rather fast, but when I go
    > >through
    > > the loop to write it out to the page I get a slow display. Is there a
    > > way
    > > to speed this up?

    > do while not rs.EOF

    Response.Write rs("col_name")
    rs.MoveNext()
    loop

    joethis, Oct 15, 2004

  3. >> "joethis" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have a query that returns a resultset rather fast, but when I
    >>> go through
    >>> the loop to write it out to the page I get a slow display. Is
    >>> there a way
    >>> to speed this up?

    >> do while not rs.EOF

    > Response.Write rs("col_name")
    > rs.MoveNext()
    > loop

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2467

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 15, 2004
  4. joethis

    Patrice Guest

    Also sometimes the problem is that if you dump thousands of line, the task
    is done quickly server side but the network has quite a huge job to transfer
    the page.

    You may want to check the size of the page to see if its small enough...

    Patrice

    Patrice, Oct 15, 2004
  5. joethis

    dlbjr Guest

    Are writing the data out into a HTML table structure?

    --
    'dlbjr
    'Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

    dlbjr, Oct 15, 2004