    I saw JMS but I would prefer something more simple.
    do somebody know some libs which already implements this?
    thanks!
    popo, Jul 23, 2004

  2. popo

    Jacob Guest

    popo wrote:

    > I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
    > applications using a simple file.
    > one application would add data to the file and another application
    > would get the data from this file.

    Did you consider using Sockets?

    > the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.

    It is not apparent what this requirment means.

    If you insist on using a file, look at the FileMonitor
    class of http://geosoft.no/software/index.html.
    You can add your consumer as a file listener, and get
    notifications whenever the file is modified.
    Jacob, Jul 25, 2004

  3. popo

    popo Guest

    Jacob <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > popo wrote:
    >
    > > I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
    > > applications using a simple file.
    > > one application would add data to the file and another application
    > > would get the data from this file.

    > Did you consider using Sockets?
    >
    > > the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.

    > It is not apparent what this requirment means.

    ok sorry.
    for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
    file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
    processing will continue where it stopped.
    something like JMS but more simple (without a server)

    popo, Jul 26, 2004
  4. popo

    Liz Guest

    > > popo wrote:
    > >
    > > > I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
    > > > applications using a simple file.
    > > > one application would add data to the file and another application
    > > > would get the data from this file.

    > > Did you consider using Sockets?
    > >
    > > > the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.

    > > It is not apparent what this requirment means.

    > ok sorry.
    > for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
    > file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
    > processing will continue where it stopped.
    > something like JMS but more simple (without a server)
    >

    > > If you insist on using a file, look at the FileMonitor
    > > class of http://geosoft.no/software/index.html.
    > > You can add your consumer as a file listener, and get
    > > notifications whenever the file is modified.

    How about a pipe?
    Liz, Jul 26, 2004
  5. popo

    popo Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message news:<NXeNc.193191$XM6.59373@attbi_s53>...
    > "popo" <> wrote in message
    > > Jacob <> wrote in message

    > > for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
    > > file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
    > > processing will continue where it stopped.
    > > something like JMS but more simple (without a server)
    > >

    > How about a pipe?

    yes some kind of pipe but being able to get back data when I restart
    the application. I would like that if the application which reads the
    data crashes, to don't lose any data and the application which writes
    data to continue as if nothing happened. something like the unix
    system V IPC message queues.
    thanks.
    popo, Jul 28, 2004