spool management in a file

popo

hi,

I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
applications using a simple file.
one application would add data to the file and another application
would get the data from this file.
the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.
I saw JMS but I would prefer something more simple.
do somebody know some libs which already implements this?
thanks!

Jacob

popo said:
I would like to do a simple communication system between 2 java
applications using a simple file.
one application would add data to the file and another application
would get the data from this file.

Did you consider using Sockets?
the goal is to keep data even if one application crash.

It is not apparent what this requirment means.

If you insist on using a file, look at the FileMonitor
class of http://geosoft.no/software/index.html.
You can add your consumer as a file listener, and get
notifications whenever the file is modified.

popo

Jacob said:
Did you consider using Sockets?

It is not apparent what this requirment means.
ok sorry.
for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
processing will continue where it stopped.
something like JMS but more simple (without a server)

Liz

popo said:
Jacob <[email protected]> wrote in message
ok sorry.
for example if the application which gets the data from my "spool
file" crashes, when it will be restarted, no data will be lost and
processing will continue where it stopped.
something like JMS but more simple (without a server)

How about a pipe?

popo

How about a pipe?

yes some kind of pipe but being able to get back data when I restart
the application. I would like that if the application which reads the
data crashes, to don't lose any data and the application which writes
data to continue as if nothing happened. something like the unix
system V IPC message queues.
thanks.