    --------------------------------
    From: shiney agarwal

    -----------------------

    <Id>A5m4YL7PcEuVRJf0MItDDQ==</Id>

    shiney agarwal via .NET 247, Jun 10, 2004

  2. shiney agarwal via .NET 247

    Owen Evans Guest

    Not really on topic for this group, but yes, it can be done. Do it manully
    with the Excel macro recorder running, and then translate the generated vba
    into vb.net. Please post followups to microsoft.public.excel.programming.

    "shiney agarwal via .NET 247" <> wrote in message
    (Type your message here)
    hello.
    can we insert data in sql as well as in excel simulatenously.basically i
    want to use excel to draw charts so i want my data from sql to move into
    excel and display the graph.i m using vb.net.kindly help as soon as possible
    as my project presentation is on head.plz tell me either of the ways.. i.e
    insertion of data can be done in excel as well as sql or how to shift the
    data.
    thank you,
    --------------------------------
    From: shiney agarwal

    -----------------------

    <Id>A5m4YL7PcEuVRJf0MItDDQ==</Id>

    Owen Evans, Jun 10, 2004

  3. "Owen Evans" wrote ...

    > hello.
    > can we insert data in sql as well as in excel simulatenously.basically i
    > want to use excel to draw charts so i want my data from sql to move into
    > excel and display the graph.i m using vb.net.kindly help as soon as possible
    > as my project presentation is on head.plz tell me either of the ways.. i.e
    > insertion of data can be done in excel as well as sql or how to shift the
    > data.
    > thank you,

    I'm sorry, I don't understand you. If I substitute 'SQL Server' for
    'sql' in your post, it makes more sense. So assuming this...

    You can use sql the *language* via ADO.NET to insert (push) data into
    both SQL Server and Excel data sources, one query for each. You can
    execute both queries asynchronously if desired.

    Alternatively you could have VBA code embedded in the Excel workbook
    (client) to remotely query the SQL Server data (server).

    More details on what you are trying to achieve, please.

    Jamie.

    Jamie Collins, Jun 11, 2004