    using VS, which i assumed created a SQL Server 2005 database, since
    that is the sql server i have installed).

    thanks much
    farseer, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Farseer,

    i haven't try this. But, i believe that you can have both the editions on
    the same PC with different instance names.

    Regards,
    Augustin

    =?Utf-8?B?QXVndXN0aW4gUHJhc2FubmE=?=, Aug 7, 2006

  3. I had SQL Express 2005 installed as part of VS2005 install. But I couldn't find the app that would allow me to do anything with my tables... so I installed the full version of SQL 2005 on the same machine.

    Everything is running fine, but I couldn't tell you whether they are both separately installed or if the full version overwrote the express version.

    --
    Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP]
    Visit Brain Trove ( http://www.BrainTrove.com )
    Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP], Aug 7, 2006
  4. farseer

    farseer Guest

    What client are you using with SQL Server 2005?

    farseer, Aug 8, 2006