    advice. can some one help
    thanks
    bye

    khawar, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Doing it via triggers would be a bad idea.

    Your best bet would be to add a field into the client table that contains
    the date when the person was last charged.

    Then, run a daily process (it can be a standalone EXE, or whatever, and it
    can be executed by the Windows scheduler, for example). This process would
    select from the database all records where the last charged date is older
    than 30 days, and then it would charge them.

    This way if something goes wrong, and the process doesn't run correctly for
    a day or two, the next time it runs it would "catch up" to everyone.

    When the process runs, it should, of course, update the "last charge date"
    to "now" as soon as it bills a client.

    Boban Dragojlovic, Jul 28, 2003

  3. khawar

    Tibby Guest

    Triggers would be bad, and what Boban said was great, but why not use a SQL
    Job?

    Tibby, Jul 28, 2003