SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Marc, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Here is a new error I am getting.

    I have a development computer (Server 2000, SQL2000, .NET 1.1)
    I have a production computer (Server 2003, SQL2000, .NET 1.1)

    When I run my solution on the development box pointing to the database on
    the development box - no problem.
    When I run my solution on the production box pointing to the database on the
    production box - no problem.
    When I run my solution on the production box pointing to the database on the
    development box - no problem.

    When I run my solution on the development box pointing to the database on
    the production box - problem.

    Here is the error message:
    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not
    exist or access denied.

    Here is my connection string in the web.config file:
    <add key="ConnectionString" value="user id=ssboot; password=pwd; initial
    catalog=archi; data source=scics-dotnet1,1433; Network Library =dbmssocn;
    Connect Timeout=5; pooling=true"/>

    I have am out of ideas on what to try to fix this problem. From my
    development box I have no problem connecting to the production database
    through server explorer in the .NET IDE.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Marc.

    Marc, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Hi

    first check whether r u able to connect to sql server
    using enterpraise manager. if so you should be able to
    connect to sql server using .NET.

    Ravikanth

    Ravikanth[MVP], Aug 28, 2003

  3. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Yes, I can connect to the database through server manager
    in the .NET IDE, sql enterprise manager and query analyzer.

    Thanks,
    Marc.

    Marc, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Marc

    Filip Guest

    Marc,

    I was getting same error (not in .NET) but it came down to security setting
    for the SQL.
    Instead of using mixed mode authentication I had Windows authentication
    only.

    regards,
    Filip

    Filip, Aug 28, 2003