SQl to HTML report generator

George Sakkis

I'm kinda surprised that while many web frameworks provide both some
ORM and a template language, they do very little to combine them into
higher level blocks, like report generation. So I'm wondering if I have
missed any toolkit out there that can
1) take a SQL select (either raw or the equivalent expressed in an ORM)
as input
2) generate nice looking HTML templates in some template language, e.g.
Cheetah (preferably with associated CSS for customization) and
3) run the query on a specified backend and populate the template with
the results ?

If not, what do people here use for report generation ?

Thanks,
George