SQLite logic error or missing database

Discussion in 'Python' started by CM, Jul 30, 2013.

  1. CM

    CM Guest

    (Posted to SQLite users list first; 3 views so far, and no answers,
    so trying here, thinking that perhaps a Python user would have some
    clues; I hope that is OK)

    I am using SQLite through either Python 2.5 or 2.7, which is the sqlite3
    module. In a desktop application, every now and then, and in a fairly
    irreproducible way, when committing to the database I get this error:

    "sqlite3.OperationalError: SQL logic error or missing database"

    I thought this was a PySqlite generated error, but now I see the same
    error is seen with Ruby, PHP, C++ and other languages, so now I think
    it is generated by SQLite itself...but I really don't know.

    If I try additional commits in that same instance of my app being open,
    it gives me the same error every time. If I close the app and re-open
    it, it does not give me this error, with the same or very similar data
    being written in the same routines. So I "know" that the code as
    written is correct (a significant--greater than 90%?--of the time I
    don't see this error).

    In terms of what is causing this, I don't know. But I've noticed that
    on the occasions that this has happened my computer's RAM was pretty
    bogged down and my computer is pretty laggy. That said, I've had
    other times when my RAM was hogged just as much and it didn't do this.

    This error might go away if I used a newer/cleaner/more RAM computer,
    but I want to "stress test" my application for those who may be using
    similarly clunky computers--I want to try to avoid it even for older
    model computers.

    Any advice appreciated.
    CM, Jul 30, 2013

  2. On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:02 AM, CM <> wrote:
    > If I try additional commits in that same instance of my app being open,
    > it gives me the same error every time. If I close the app and re-open
    > it, it does not give me this error, with the same or very similar data
    > being written in the same routines. So I "know" that the code as
    > written is correct (a significant--greater than 90%?--of the time I
    > don't see this error).

    Is it a race between two concurrent instances of the app? I don't know
    sqlite but that seems like something to consider, at least.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Jul 30, 2013