ssh connections?

Laura Uixera Cotano

Hi!

I'm new in Python and I have to make a ssh connection to a proxy server.
Can you tell me how can I do it?
I've tried to find something useful, but I didn't find anything in books or
in the internet.
I have installed the version 1.5.2 of Python. Do you know if I need to
install a newer one to use ssh connections?
If you can tell me where can I find more information, please tell me.

Thx

Peter Hansen

Laura said:
I'm new in Python and I have to make a ssh connection to a proxy server.
Can you tell me how can I do it?
I've tried to find something useful, but I didn't find anything in books or
in the internet.
I have installed the version 1.5.2 of Python. Do you know if I need to
install a newer one to use ssh connections?
If you can tell me where can I find more information, please tell me.

Twisted has SSH (named "conch" therein), though I haven't tried it myself.

I did post a simple snippet that allowed using the "ssh" program on Linux
via pexpect. Check the archives of the newsgroup/mailing list for that.
It was just a modified version of something that, as I recall, Eric Raymond
had written up.

-Peter

Joe Francia

Laura said:
Hi!

I'm new in Python and I have to make a ssh connection to a proxy server.
Can you tell me how can I do it?
I've tried to find something useful, but I didn't find anything in books or
in the internet.

Here is an example of writing an SSH client using Twisted:
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/conch_client
I have installed the version 1.5.2 of Python. Do you know if I need to
install a newer one to use ssh connections?
If you can tell me where can I find more information, please tell me.

1.5.2 is over 4 years old. Unless you have specific 1.5.2 needs, you'll
probably want to upgrade to 2.3 for a large number of reasons.
http://www.python.org/2.3.2/

Peace,
Joe

Follower

I'm new in Python and I have to make a ssh connection to a proxy server.
Try looking at this:

<http://www.lag.net/~robey/paramiko/>

It has both client & server SSH functionality (and is much more
light-weight than Twisted) although it's still under development.

Unfortunately for you it requires Python 2.3, but if there's any
possibility of you upgrading from 1.5 you really should.

--Phil.