SSL Problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Blakeley, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Here is my scenario and I know I can't be the only one with this problem. I
    have create a user control that has encapsulated my navigational system. As
    a snippet my code looks something like this:

    Tour.NavigateUrl = "~/Tour/Start.aspx" ;
    Office.NavigateUrl = "~/Office/Start.aspx" ;
    TellFriend.NavigateUrl = "~/Tellfriend.aspx" ;
    LeaderBrd.NavigateUrl = "~/LeaderBoard.aspx" ;
    Training.NavigateUrl = "~/Training/Start.aspx" ;

    So far this has been working until I put this control on a page that has
    SSL. Well now, since the paths are all relative, when a user navigates off
    of the ssl page using the usercontrol, all the other pages are connected to
    using SSL.

    So I figure I could easily check the request object which tells me if we are
    dealing with a secure connection, and output the URLs with the fully
    qualified URL (example: http://www.mysite.com/tour/start.aspx). Then I ran
    into a new problem, this won't work when we are running locally and
    debugging as I want to be able to use the navigational system when we are
    running locally

    The obvious solution would be to check to see if we are working locally and
    output the URL that way, but there has to be an easier way to do all of
    this.

    Any ideas?
    Kevin Blakeley
    Kevin Blakeley, Jul 3, 2003