Staless Session EJB and DAO

JimmyD

Hello,

I'm using stateless session EJB which uses DAO class for data manipulating.
The question is should I get DB Connection object from EJB and give it for
DAO
class to be used or is it better idea that DAO class would open Connection
object itself and
use it for data manipulating in database?

Or does it matter which one is getting the Connection object?

I read somewhere that EJB's passivate and activate method should close nad
repeopen
Connection when those methods are called.

So, which one is better place to open Connection from Datasource EJB or DAO?

Cheers!

LuckyBoy

AFAIK: The DAO should handle the Database Connections and the EJB
should handle the Business Logic.

Lalit

LuckyBoy said:
AFAIK: The DAO should handle the Database Connections and the EJB
should handle the Business Logic.

The meaning of DAO is Data Access Object. This object is used to
seperate out your data access logic from the Business Logic. All the
Data Base transactions should be handled in DAO only. It's not a hard
and fast rule but it helps to make your design more structured and easy
to maintain.