    Can someone tell me the rule for when to use a standard server control
    vs using an HTML control on an asp webpage?

    Thanks
    Sems, Sep 29, 2007

  2. A general rule of thumb is to use the (heavier) web controls only when their
    extra features make it worth using them instead of the lighter-weight, less
    functional HTML controls.

    I've written a more detailed comparison here:
    http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx#HTMLvsWeb

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Sep 29, 2007